Friday, January 02, 2004

Escape on the Internet can be fulfilling!

Yes, spending hours surfing the Net can be an eye-opening, stimulating experience. However, it also can become a rut! So be careful out there if you know what's good for you.

I've had an uneventful passing from 2003 to 2004 - a veritable 'ho-hum' fest, if you get my drift. I even remembered to fill in the correct year when writing a check last night so even the typical challenge of catching up with the turn of the calendar has been lackluster. In fact, I can honestly say that my vacation has been lackluster, all in all. With Debbi down with a bad case of tooth pain it's been a drag because we haven't been able to go out together, except for the family (hers) get-together for Christmas celebrating.

Shit! Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed much of my escape from the day-to-day drudgery of copy editing but I know that it will soon end and I'll be back in the newsroom wrestling with ad changes, long-winded copy and vague leads. Ugh!

I'm thinking of going to a movie - perhaps "Cold Mountain" - since the TV is offering sparse fare this evening, typical of most Friday nights, and Debbi is not coming out tonight. She advised me to go ahead and see a flick, so long as it isn't "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King." That's because we've promised one another to see that one together. We have, to say the least, an unorthodox relationship that, I think, most people would view as weird. But it works for us.

Well, I'm wasting time here so I better get my act together and get ready if I'm to make the next movie. Adios for now. Hope you're having a better time than me (poor baby, awwwww ...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home