Monday, May 24, 2004

Went to see "Troy" just to get out of these Bush-meister blues!

I went to see the film "Troy" today and I give it a B+. It was too long and the fight scenes weren't as well choreographed as they might have been, but Brad Pitt as Achilles, and the actor (?) who played Hector were mesmerizing! And Peter O'Toole, although sparsely-used, was wonderful, particularly in one scene between he and Pitt late in the film. I wouldn't recommend spending $8 on this flick but I would heartily recommend catching it at a matinee time - it's definitely worth $4.50 - $5.

And that's that.

Bush addressed the war college today and made what, for him, was an eloquent speech. I don't who actually wrote the address, but it was the best thing he's EVER delivered far as I'm concerned. Nevertheless, the Iraq situation is a mess, will remain a mess, and never had to happen. I just don't get why so many Americans supported the damn war in the first place.

Sigh.

That's it. I'm done for now. All the best to all. Adieu.

1 Comments:

At 11/24/2006 10:28 AM , Blogger gutzie said...

I'll agree on the war. Where's the weapons of mass destruction?
This is worse than nam.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home